1. QPIRG Referendum
4. Volunteers for OSCE practice
5. Orientation Leader Application
6. Leadership training
Given the ongoing referendum regarding QPIRG as a campus group, please take the time make an educated vote. You can vote at http://ovs.ssmu.mcgill.ca/ from April 10-16.
What is QPIRG?
- The Quebec Public Interest Research Group at McGill, which helps students connect with local social and environmental groups in Montreal.
- As defined on the QPIRG “About us” page:
- The Quebec Public Interest Research Group at McGill is a non-profit, student-run organization that conducts research, education, and action on environmental and social justice issues at McGill University and in the Montreal community. With such a broad mandate, QPIRG brings together a wide range of activists interested in many different issues.
- To find out more about QPIRG, go to http://qpirgmcgill.org/ or for the “about us” page go to http://qpirgmcgill.org/about-us/
What is the referendum question?
- “Do you support QPIRG continuing as a recognized student activity supported by a fee of $3.75 per term for undergraduate students, which is opt-outable, with the understanding that a “no” vote will result in the termination of all undergraduate fee-levy funding to QPIRG?”
- This referendum question asks students to support the continuing existence of QPIRG with a $3.75 fee. This fee will remain opt-outable on Minerva. This referendum is a vote on the existence of QPIRG, and will not affect the method of collecting fees.
2) Election Results
I would like to apologize that the results from the election for next years council were not mentioned in last weeks newsletter! Special thanks to everyone who voted and everyone who ran for a position. Here are the results:
President: Angela Herman
Vp Academic BScN : Kayla Sliskovic
Vp academic BNI: Hugo Marchand
Vp Finance: Meghan Daoust
Vp CNSA: Stephanie Gourdeau
Vp External: Vanessa Lauzon
Vp Internal: Margareta Sikorski
Secretary: Marco Zeid
Social Rep: Sae Fukamizu
AD CNSA: Brooke Latulippe
Fundraising Coordinator: Naushin Walji
Athletic: Natalie Hiles
Webmaster: Carol Kwon
Global Health Rep: Vanessa Lavergne
BScN U2 Rep: Lana Beaudoin
BScN U3 Rep: Maggie Wong
BNI U3 Rep: Laura Craigie
3) Course Evaluations
It’s that time again to fill out your course evaluations! Remember you can make a difference in how the course is run for students in the coming years!
4) Volunteers for BScN U1 OSCE Prep Session
Our U1 rep has organized OSCE prep sessions for the U1s next week and is looking for volunteers to help run the session smoothly. If you are interested she will need help this Tuesday morning. If you are willing to help contact email@example.com. Thanks!
5. Orientation Leader Application
Orientation leader applications are now officially on for the Nursing Frosh! For anybody willing to register here is the link: . Represent your Faculty as an Orientation Leader . Leaders contribute to creating a great McGill experience for new students. You will lead students through University and Faculty specific welcome & academic events, campus tours and scavenger hunts while making new friends and positively impacting the transition of new students to McGill. Orientation Leaders/Alternative Orientation Leaders will need to be available for training on Monday, August 27th prior to Orientation Week (August 27-September 2, 2012). You have until end of April to apply!!
Here is the link for NURSING: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?pli=1&formkey=dHRBWk8tZ0RnLXBpVVk3MVFFV25OU1E6MQ#gid=0
6. leadership training
LEADERSHIP SKILLS DEVELOPMENT WORKSHOPS
These workshops are an opportunity to invest in yourself by developing and building your leadership capacities and life skills. They are designed to complement students’ entire experience at McGill and are handy for one’s CV. Check out our schedule at the Leadership Training Program’s workshop schedule
Registration now open for:
- · Wednesday, April 04 from 5:30-7:30pm (Downtown Campus)
- · Tuesday, April 10 from 5:30-7:30pm (Downtown Campus)
Professionalism: Being Your Best
- · Thursday, April 12 from 5:30-7:30pm (Downtown Campus)
We hope you can attend one or more of these valuable workshops!
SERVER TRAINING WORKSHOPS
We are offering one additional Server Training workshop on:
- · Wednesday, April 11 from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Information info is available on the Leadership Training Program’s website.
On behalf of the NUS,
You know you love me,
Always feel free stay caught up on all events at www.mcgillnus.ca and don’t forget to join our facebook page ‘McGill Nursing Undergraduate Society’
If you have any comments or question you can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org